A new year, a new opportunity! Let's start it right by cultivating our mind, body and spirit with healthy thoughts and habits. Here are some that came to my mind today.
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk outside everyday and while you walk, smile.
2. Sit still in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. When you wake up in the morning, complete the following statement: "My purpose is to... today."
4. Live with the 3 E's... Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy... and the 3 F's... Faith, Family, Friends.
5. Bond often with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
6. Dream a lot more while you are awake.
7. Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
8. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn and pass the tests. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
9. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
10. Life isn't fair, but it's still great.
11. Life is too short to waste time hating or criticizing anyone.
12. Don't take yourself too seriously. No one else does.
13. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagreements.
14. Make peace with your past so it won't mess up with your present.
15. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is about behind closed doors.
16. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the badass outfit. Today IS special.
17. No one is in charge of your happiness except YOU.
18. Forgive everyone for everything.
19. What other people think of you is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
20. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
21. However good or bad the situation is, it will change. Just hang on.
22. Your job won't take care of you when you're sick. Your best friends will. Stay in touch.
23. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful, and joyful.
24. The best is yet to come. So carry on.
25. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up and level up.
26. Do what feels right for you even if it doesn't make sense to others.
27. Call your family often and tell them you love them.
28. Each night before you go to bed, complete the following statements: "I am thankful for...." and "Today I have accomplished....."
29. Remember that you are way too blessed to be stressed.
30. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. Make the most of it and enjoy every moment of the journey.
Cheers to a legendary 2018, winners! Let's rock and roar!!! :)